1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 White -Bisque Gets BLACK Floor Mats ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by New_Yorker, Feb 9, 2010.

1. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've bought a lot of New cars in my life, but never did anyone suggest Black was the correct color floor mats for a White Car with a very light color interior that also has very light color carpeting. I suspect this is so we come back and order new mats at some point from Toyota. Odd enough as that is, Toyota also did NOT make the cargo area carpet mat Black, that Floor Mat they color matched to the carpet the way they should have for the front and rear seating areas floor mats. I'm thinking I should demand a black Cargo area floor mat, or the mats that should have come with the car in the first place that would match the rest of the car's carpeting.

If you think I'm wrong, go floor mat shopping, and see if the cargo mat is sold in a different color than the rest of the mats for any given car model.

I ended up buying clear plastic mats and cutting and fitting them into the drivers floor. I had to drill two holes to access the anchors that hold the back of the mat down. I also affixed HD velcro to the mats so they grab the carpet with some serious gripping power, that way they won't slide. Maybe Toyota wanted me to have to resort to this, and thus relieve them of the accelerator floor mat responsibility altogether. That explanation makes as much sense as any for the black floor mats.

2. emellinger

emellinger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I also was surprised when I picked up my Blizzard Pearl Prius with Bisque leather and found black floor mats in the cabin. But the more I think about it, the more I think this is a very practical solution on Toyota's part. I previously had a 2007 Prius Touring with bisque interior and matching floor mats, and the mats were a mess when I traded the car in 3 years later; dirty and dingy. And I try to keep my car clean by washing it and cleaning the mats on a regular basis.

The black mats should go a long way to avoiding the problem of dirt and discoloration over time. And the black color matches the instrument panel top, so it's not as though there was no other black in the interior.

In short, I like the black mats.

3. Pohaku

Pohaku Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The black mats are standard for all interiors. They do this for the Lexus as well. And they do look less grubby over time. I have a Blizzard and Bisque car, and the mats were just fine. At this point, I have all weather mats installed in both the interior and the cargo area anyway.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In the long run you will be thankful they are black. My Ivory interior came with ivory floormats and they looked terrible within months.

5. jimolson

jimolson Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    So should I stop looking for bisque-colored floor mats for my newly-acquired white 2010 Prius? It has upholstery color that was known as "bisque" in Gen II Priuses.

When I do a Google search on any 2010 floor mat part number with a -14 suffix, nothing comes up.

And what about the arm rest between the front seats? This vehicle came with a black one. Was that also the norm in 2010 Priuses with the light interior?