1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale 2011 5 door 180000 miles silver $7000

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by DecorahDave, Feb 10, 2023.

1. DecorahDave

DecorahDave Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Don’t understand trim levels. I love the car but want newer one. Has AM/FM radio & CD player, intermittent wipers, air conditioning, manual 6 way drivers seat, rear windshield wiper, cloth covered center storage compartment, tires have a lot of tread, gets 45 winter 50+ summer. I’m in Iowa. Not a Dealer. The car is very clean and doesn’t show wear.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You have to add pics to have a chance. A pic of the radio helps to narrow down the trim. Otherwise you look at the standard features to determine. You could add a carfax for improved buyer's confidence.

180k on a 2011 is a fair amount of miles. HV battery replaced? If so with what?

Partial features
    - With fabric it is a Trim 2 or 3
    then
    - With bluetooth phone controls its a 3

7EFBC470-3F94-44CC-9CCE-323C628CED05.jpeg

#2 rjparker, Feb 10, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    Montgomery likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Does it have sunroof?

4. DecorahDave

DecorahDave Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks, RJParker for the suggestions.
    I don't have a CarFax report but I can post the VIN if that is Ok to do. I don't want to cause problems or kicked off the forum. They put VINs in cars for sale stuff. Let me know and I'll do that. I'll post pictures. It does not have a sun roof. I have no idea if the HVbattery has been replaced. My buddy told me the battery is very good when I told him what it reads overy night and after a week of not driving. After looking at codes I think it is a two. No Bluetooth. No power folding mirrors. No JBL. Thanks again.

2011 Prius For Sale Pictures

#4 DecorahDave, Feb 10, 2023
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The homelink mirror and foglights would have been added after sale to be a two or three. Is this the actual car today? Interior pics of the radio and seat would help.

So you are a Honda Dealer? What kind of warranty do you give it? These cars have several big dollar issues so disclosing a repaired head gasket, brake booster, hv battery or inverter is actually a plus. So I would just post a pdf of the carfax.

#5 rjparker, Feb 10, 2023
    2010moneypit? likes this.
  6. DecorahDave

DecorahDave Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I am a private civilian and not a dealer. I purchased the car from the Honda dealer in Rochester Minnesota.
    After significant trouble (because I’m dumb), Got a CARFAX report. Looks good to me.
    Thanks for the help.
    When I get back to the states (Sunday), I’ll get pictures you suggested.

Attached Files:

7. DecorahDave

DecorahDave Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    If you are further interested, please let me know. My normal StarLink Internet is broken now but I'll get pictures if you are interested in buying.
    Thanks, Dave

8. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dave, Pictures will drive people to respond to you and you will get several people interested. I have seen this happen here. Someone will either buy it as is to drive and fix, or someone else may buy it and sell parts as needed.

9. DecorahDave

DecorahDave Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks all. Finally got internet again. Listed car on Craigs list and sold it for $6250 to a fellow who has 2 2007's. Last Tuesday bought a 2021 at a Toyota Dealer for about $26,000 - 30,000 miles. There was no way to get it any cheaper. So now with the 2018 & 2021, I should be out of the buying and selling mode for some years to come.