1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 70k miles = $7k trade in value low?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mmm, Jul 26, 2021.

1. mmm

mmm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it low because of know issues of early year 3rd gen and time to replace hybrid battery soon ?

$7k sounds low to sell to carvana and Carmax. Better to just keep ?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds low in these times. clean the egr circuit, add an oil catch can, change the oil every 5k, and enjoy many miles of happy motoring.
    kbb says mine with 75k is only worth about $9,600. but i'll bet a dealer would ask 15k

KeinoDoggy likes this.
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Depends what it looks like and where you live. The used car bubble has broken on the wholesale level and the dealers know it. Private party sale will always get you significantly more. Clean it up spotless and put together a good ad with pics on facebook and craigslist.

This was my ad on my previous 2008. Only showed it twice. The first guy was a flipper who tried to lowball me. He called the next day and it was gone. Sold when it was nine years old in mid 2017. It was a flawless car with virtually no repairs.
    --------------------------------------------
    Ad
    Without question a like new beautiful Silver 2008 Prius with almost all options including high-end JBL and XM radio, full tint including seat covers since new for a flawless interior. This car was garaged and has used Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since new. Now has 108k miles. These cars are reliable, quiet and comfortable. Some are used as taxis and often go 300k or more without major repairs. This car does not burn oil or leak fluids.

The mid-size (not compact) Prius is roomy, very reliable, has power everything (except seats), cold ac, push button start and a large usable hatch area. Plenty of options like a Homelink Garage door and gate opener built into the auto dimming rear view mirror. The first set of new tires were recently installed (it does not go through tires). Easily achieves 48-50 mpg. New 12v battery installed after 100k miles (another money saver). All these cars routinely need are oil changes every 5-10k miles.

Regenerative braking almost eliminates wear on the brakes; the hybrid system only requires the engine running part of the time because of captured battery energy when slowing or going downhill. Combined with auto start stop at lights and downhills means the engine probably has run less than 70k of the car's 108k miles. The AC compressor and Power Steering run off their own electric motors to ensure comfort at all times. This car cost $27k when new and would cost about $8.5k to buy off a dealer's used car lot. I would sell this car to family if they needed it because it is a really good car.

Call Richard at 2xx-yyy-zzzz. I can send a pdf with all options and the Kelly Blue Books Private Party value. Most credit unions will still finance this car if desired.

Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback

Engine Size: 1.5 L (1497.0)
    Cylinders: 4 Inline
    Compression Ratio: 13.0
    Valves: 16 valves, variable valve timing
    Horsepower: 110 hp @ 5000
    Torque: 82 ft-lbs @ 4200
    Fuel Type: Hybrid, regular unleaded
    EPA MPG: 48/45 (city/highway)
    Transmission: continuously variable-speed continuously variable
    Drive Train: Front wheel drive

Options

Rubber Rear Bumper Applique at Hatch protects the paint
    Pinstripe
    Emergency Assistance Kit
    Cargo Net and Cargo Cover
    Security System
    JBL High Power Stereo and Satellite Radio (XM)
    Auto Rear View Mirror with Homelink Garage and Gate Openers
    Carpet Floor/Cargo Mats (5-pc. Set): Includes front, rear, and cargo carpeted floor mats.