1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Battery Failed due to over heating at 130k

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tommyt2, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Google images for the part no I posted above. There's several results showing the black clip- on style. My makeshift vacuum motor filter attempt shows up too.

There's only so much you can do. You want to catch particles WITHOUT restricting flow too much.

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Tommy,
    Lint and hair clogging the air passage/fan used for battery cooling is a known problem for owners of dogs that ride a lot in the back, or in cars used with passengers in the back who wear furry coats.

Those owners are well advised to include in their yearly maintenance a cleaning of of the above

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We transport this guy just once in a long while, and he sheds, so I'm a bit concerned. Nothing much on my filter so far tho. The filters good feedback too, better than being in the dark. ;)
    image.jpg

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    gotcha, 10 bucks, snap it on. i hope the o/p didn't pay 150 pounds for that.