1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 - c0210 code, right rear speed sensor cost?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steelerfan2018, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Steelerfan2018

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all,
    Was just driving earlier and the ABS, BRAKE and traction light came on. Pulled into a Valvoline oil change and they pulled codes for me (they know me there, I religiously change my oil). Code is c0210 right rear speed sensor.

So my Q - any idea on cost of repair? With Christmas coming I am concerned on cost.

Thanks for any help,
    Rob

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any estimate would have to start with finding out why you have the code. Sometimes people read way too much into the fortune cookie for the code, which for C0210 is "Rear Speed Sensor RH Circuit". Keep in mind this is not the car's computer telling you to replace that sensor. It is only telling you something is weird about the signal from that sensor when it reaches the computer, at the far front corner of the car, the other end of 20 or 30 feet of wires.

If you can get access to a diagnostic scan tool that can read the "detail codes", sometimes called "inf codes", there are seven different ones that can go with that code. For example, a code of 521 would tell you that the sensor output from one wheel was lower than from the others for 15 seconds or more, above 6 mph. A code of 526 would mean the supply voltage to the sensor couldn't be maintained, even though the input voltage was above 8.6 volts, which should have been enough. And so on.

So trying to get those codes should really be a priority. Then getting into the diagnosis, it could turn out to be anything from a corroded wire harness connection that can be cleaned up with $0 in parts, to a needed wire harness repair, to a speed sensor or bearing hub replacement, to replacement of the brake ECU.

Given that the range of possibilities spans from $0 to four figures, the smart money focuses on finding out what really is wrong before just jumping in and doing stuff. I would strongly encourage starting with a tool to read those INF codes, or a visit to someone with a tool that can.

Brian1954 likes this.
  3. Muzamil Khan

Muzamil Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    He'll Sir Hope you are ok, i have a Toyota Prius 2011 Model and C0210 reer speel wheel code is coming, i already changed the bearing hub but didn't off the lights of ABS,Beark what is the faults of it's and what is the solution of it's sir

4. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Read post #2. The trouble shooting steps that you need to follow are explained very well in that post.