1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Color Combination Dilemma - Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by berryman, Feb 22, 2011.

1. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was bored at work today, so I did a little searching. I could not find anything. I am surprised that there are so few cars with Misty Grey in California.

Maybe you can get ahold of Dianne and see if she can get one coming on the boat allocated.

2. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I would choose Metalic Silver as it always looks clean although sometimes it's not. In a distance,it always looks clean and sharp.:)

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually black is the best color. It's been proven.

4. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Proven by who?

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Maybe it should be a combo of black and Blizzard Pearl.

Color Me Fast

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A solution for you -

Silver with dark Gray interior - extremely common and thus easier to resell. Functional because light colors absorb less heat, doesn't show dirt as easily. Inside, Gray hides dirt and smudges, yet won't show fuzz and light things as much.

7. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There was a long nice person thread about this about a year ago but now I can't find the thread. (I hate when this happens). Anyways, the scientific conculsion they came to was that the black is superior. This was for the Gen II however.

8. WarEagle

WarEagle New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the Classic Silver and Misty Grey interior combo and really like it. Will be nice and cool in the summer and silver hides the dirt well. Don't worry about the interior, that's what they make Scotch Guard for. Already gave my interior a good coating of it, with another to come in a month or two.

9. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Our's is an '08 in Metallic Silver with Dark Gray interior ... and I think it looks great! At FIRST, I thought the Dark Gray interior would be TOO dark, but it seems a lot "lighter" in the car than it did in the brochure we'd been looking at at the time. (When we bought -- about two weeks AFTER the price of gas peaked in '08 -- Prii were VERY hard to come by and actually find in dealer's lots; when we "ordered" our color scheme, we could ONLY go by the images in the brochure!)

10. berryman

berryman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, there seem to be more votes here for the Metallic Silver for the exterior color and a split vote between dark gray and misty gray for the interior color.

Early on in the thread, someone voted for Blizzard Pearl with the dark interior, but no one else has endorsed that choice. A distant third??

Conclusion: Silver and white (Blizzard Pearl) seem to be the colors of choice from a maintenance/heat retention perspective. On the interior, either of the gray choices would seem suffice, but the misty gray is the best choice when seeking to add contrast to almost any exterior color choice.

11. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's because you didn't mention Blizzard Pearl as a choice in your OP. I'd pick BP over silver, especially if I were to get the SR.

The nice thing about Misty Gray is the two-tone gives it a more sporty look. Dark Gray (actually charcoal) does contrast with Silver and BP, but it's rather monotone.

Just get what you like the best. Don't settle for 2nd best or go with what others like. Colors are pretty subjective.

12. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I can get you this car. If you can wait about 10 days or so for it to arrive, I can get it for you.

Call me at 949 689 0717 if you are serious about having a gray car or a silver car with misty cloth!

Dianne

13. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I "believe" Power Toyota in Irvine has one too. But all I could confirm is that they have the Winter Gray exterior and a "lighter than the dark gray" interior. I don't know what that means and neither did the person I was talking to on the phone. But they seem to have a large stock of the Winter Gray Prius.

However, I'd give Dianne a call first, as she posts to this message board and is very helpful.

Mike