1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Highlander Hybrid Purchase- Now a 2 Hybrid Family

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by CPSDarren, Apr 2, 2011.

1. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The third row is pretty typical of most midsize SUVs, especially in regard to the seat cushions being low to the floor. So, even teens will have their knees well up off the seat. An average adult can fit there, but would not be comfortable on anything but a short trip for that reason. I think there is a photo of this with my 12-year old son in the review linked in my signature. You can move the 2nd row seats forward to give adequate legroom for both second and third row, but not enough to help this issue.

I have reviewed most of the midsize SUVs on the market in the last 1-2 years and none come close to offering a third row seat that is as comfortable for adults as a minivan is.

Meg&Bear likes this.
  2. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Ya I suppose not, but if you know only 6-12 year olds would ride back there it probably wouldn't be an issue. Thanks for your insight!

3. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 7-year old rides there routinely, with a kid in a booster or a pre-teen, typically not an issue at all. My 11 and 13 year olds ride back there occasionally as well. We miss the room of the minivan, but I like the Highlander a lot more overall.

4. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice vehicle. Very impressive mileage for its size and capabilities, really nothing comes close. Wish it were cheaper, though. If I end up going with a third row vehicle again I have to admit at this time I'd probably have to grab an entry level minivan, as much as I hate the city mileage.

5. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. What else can seat 6, have awd, tow, and still get pretty sweet gas mileage? Maybe once it gets a little more competition the price will drop a bit.

6. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd have probably kept my old minivan if I knew at the time how few miles I'd be driving. I like driving the hybrid a lot more and the Highlander is a nicer vehicle overall, with the exception of price and space, of course.