1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Honda CR-Z Debuts - Another Honda Fail?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ozarkgolfer

ozarkgolfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Base Fusion hybrid is $29k and the base CRZ price is $19k. You can't realistically compare the technologies.

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Dodge Ram Superbee Hemi costs even more. Does that mean it has even better technology?

The base Prius is about $22K and gets much better mpg than the Fusion. Translation: Be careful about confusing price with technology.

3. Noz

Noz New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dorkmobile? That's rich from someone who drives a Prius...

But seriously...you need to drive the CRZ to realize how much fun it really is. Already people are getting mid-40's MPG out of the car without any real effort. So it'll do just fine.

4. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You know, I hope it does well! I really do! It's a sweet looking car and any effort to give us efficient cars should be welcomed! I just feel that it might be better without the weight and cost of the IMA. It probably would still deliver excellent mpg's and perform far better!

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    CR-Z is a stunning little car. The speedo display is really neat when getting in the car.

I wouldn't own one for a daily driver as the seat (entire car) is very low to the ground so entry and exit is a chore. Good for weekend fun though.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For H and T, it's about producing and selling cars that many people desire.

The CR-Z looks kinda hot, much hotter than the original Insight. And thus it will outsell the original by a wide margin.

Long as people can fill up the tank for $25 and go 300 or so miles, most are set.

Gas is not a major household expense compared to food and rent / mortgage. Unfortunately many aren't that concerned about exhaust emissions. The air looks fairly clear to them.

7. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This car is peppier and gets lower gas mileage than the Insight. The Insight is roomier and cheaper. And is plenty peppy compared to the Prius II. We own both the II and the Insight. The Insight at $18 grand or so base is the best hybrid value out there, as long as you don't need a mid-sized car.

I think the CR-Z is a short range, wrong direction turn for Honda. The lull in gas prices has lulled the car manufacturers.