1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 IM+EGR Coolant Cleanup Saga - With updated details

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by MrPete, May 16, 2022.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, so you don't have to give up; we know what the best available proxy is, and it's what the built-in monitor test already uses, so you call up the test result, and there you are.

Unless you're driving a Japanese Prius, where apparently Mode 6 test results aren't available. That would be a disappointment.

2. Merv Himself

Merv Himself Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

Sorry I'm late replying to this. Anyway, based on what I saw, it's those little metal tabs that connect the screen to the gasket. That's what gets in the way of it seating properly.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I'm kind of wondering if the updated manifold has extra notches where those tabs go, so it can seat properly.

4. Merv Himself

Merv Himself Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    That's an excellent question. Alternatively, maybe the gasket is sort of a multipurpose thing they put in different kits for various makes & models.

5. ToyXW

ToyXW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from the color of your engine coolant tank I'd bet money you already have a blown head gasket. It should look nice and pink like the inverter coolant bottle to the right, but it will quickly turn that nasty brown color when contaminated with combustion gases.

CR94 likes this.