1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 JBL Audio/Nav: iPhone Streaming & Nav Display Setting

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by css28, Mar 24, 2012.

1. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've got a 2011 III with the solar sunroof/JBL package and there are a couple of things I wonder about:

- The nav display shows the remaining time and distance to my destination. I've used Garmin units in the past that tell me what my estimated arrival time is. Can I change to show this instead?

- I'm running iOS 5 on an iPhone. I can stream music nicely thru it, though I have to set up the proper app on the phone before doing so. It even lets me skip a selection playing on Pandora using the steering wheel up arrow button. My question is if I'm playing from the Music app, can I change playlists or albums using the steering wheel controls?

Thanks!

- Chris

2. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    IF the Three with solar roof package is the same nav as the Four with solar roof package (the "premium HDD nav with 7" screen), then yes, touch the button showing miles and time left to go and it will give you the option to change it to estimated arrival time.

Hmm, good question. I stream music from my iPod Touch... I know the steering wheel controls will skip forward/back one song in the current playlist, but I didn't try going to the end of a playlist and skipping again.

3. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I thought I'd tried that before, but apparently not. It worked this time! Thanks!

This continues to be a little goofy. The steering wheel controls seem to do different things than the up and down arrow buttons next to the display do and sometimes seem to change me from playlist to playlist or album to album rather than song to song. I was hoping that a long press on a steering wheel button or perhaps using the tuning knob would do the trick, but it still seems kind of random. The key is for me to queue up my selection on the phone before I start on my drive. Such daily hardships I endure :p.

Thanks again!

- Chris

4. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, I had the same revelation - took me a while to realize that the up/down audio buttons on the steering wheel behave differently than the up/down buttons to the right of the LCD screen! But for me, a short press on the up/down buttons on the steering wheel pretty much always goes to the next/previous song in the current playlist.