1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius C1391

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by _Liz, Feb 5, 2019.

1. _Liz

_Liz New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While driving at highway speeds with a slightly underinflated tire, my ABS, Brake, & traction control lights came on. Limped home without regen breaking & a constantly running pump.

- Checked & topped off brake fluid
    - Disconnected 12v
    - Replaced two front tires -- one of the TMP sensors broke off, it was replaced but hasn't been reprogrammed so I have an eternal low pressure light at the moment.
    - Got code read at autozone.
    - Codes spontaneously resolved on the way to the dealership & regen braking is fine.
    - Dealership quoted $3800, couldn't say how/why the lights would have gone off by themselves.
    - No lights for 2 weeks. They come on again at highway speed on rough pavement.
    - Replace all brake pads since they were low anyways. Drive it around for a few minutes afterwards, all lights out again.
    - No lights for a week. They come on again at highway speed on rough pavement.

Is there any way this is a sensor thing & not the accumulator? That it resolves itself & then consistently comes on at speed on crappy pavement makes me think it could be, but not sure how to test & Toyota was useless.

Thanks!

2. Wbass

Wbass New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I’m having the same issue. Have you figured out how to resolve the issue?

3. 2010moneypit?

2010moneypit? Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    1. This is a really old thread.
    2. If you are a new member your posts are moderated for the first five posts.

Lots of posts on Priuschat about brake accumulator failure. That might be what you are experiencing or in the beginning stages of it.

Hope this helps.