1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius Code P0A03

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jordan421, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Jordan421

Jordan421 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

My Prius (2011 with 199k miles) lit up with the check hybrid system warning that resulted from code P0A03.

From what I can tell this has to do with cooling the Hybrid System.

The dealer shop wants to replace the inverter entirely, but I wanted to see if anyone had experienced the same code and come up with a better solution.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    It has to do with the inverters coolant system sensor that seems a lot of that is the problem I don't know whether that's replaceable inside of your inverter but by the looks of the inside of the inverter a lot of stuff in there is replaceable whether it's available without buying a complete inverter I don't know that either I could take it out of another inverter but I wouldn't know if it worked until I got it back together and tried it but it certainly might be worth it to not spend God knows what for a new inverter Good luck

Jordan421 likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    used inverters are cheap, but make sure this isn't the ipm recall

4. Jordan421

Jordan421 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, not the IPM recall. I had that done before and the replacement inverter is out of warranty. I think getting a used inverter is the way to go as repairing the current one looks like it isn't really an option. Thanks for the response!

bisco likes this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yes I think so I don't see a big market for them around here I've got two or three sitting here in the shop but they're the older metal type and I have one or two of the plastic ones

6. Vladimir36

Vladimir36 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi!

Have you solved this problem? How?

7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I think if you look when you're at the junkyard you'll see stickers on the recalled and fixed inverters that are out in the wild and then replacement inverters I think got a different part number moving forward of that IPM business. So it's pretty easy to check when you're out at the junkyard out in the wild or just looking at an inverter that's stuck in the trunk of another car maybe wear a Prius used to be parked at the junkyard The sticker and the campaign sticker for the service bulletin generally should be applied and the updated part number will be different from the original I think you can look all this stuff up and make a note of it in your toolbox or whatever.