1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius front page on Fox News article.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Blizzard_Persona, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    What hybrid component could fail causing stalling? Wondering what the recall was for..

Used cars often sold with unfixed defects, despite recalls
    Used cars often sold with unfixed defects, despite recalls | Fox News

Outtake:

John Castro, 36, of Glen Burnie, Maryland, traded a pickup truck for a 2011 Toyota Prius in March of last year at Koons Ford in Baltimore.

Shortly after he took the car home, he read a dealer-provided Carfax report and found that his car had been recalled in February 2014 to fix a hybrid component that could malfunction and cause stalling. Koons had not done the repair, and no sales person mentioned the recall, Castro says.

Mr. Castros blizzard Pearl is sure sharp looking though tinted out and with those rims :)

Roppongi likes this.
  2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  3. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    That makes sense then.

And the fact that it was not a toyota dealership selling the used car they prob didn't worry about fixing it or sending it to a toyota shop..

I doubt a toyota dealer would let that slide into the used lot. Well I would hope not anyways.

Hopefully they made it right for this fella.

4. EddieDesigns

EddieDesigns Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As much as we respect, like, and trust the dealer we bought the HyCam and the Prius from, we still took the Prius to a local Toyota dealer to run the VIN to see if the recall campaign had been satisfied…which it had.

5. amati5

amati5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota Owner's web site offers to check for recall based on the vin #. I checked mine (2011) which had no open recall but I don't know if the report is reliable.

6. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    "That's because there is no legal requirement for dealers or individual sellers to get the repairs done before a used car is sold. They are not even obligated to tell buyers if a car is subject to a recall."

wait, a common sense has to be replaced with laws now? and this is coming from FOX? idiots.

PriusGuy32 likes this.