1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius headlight assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by RNprius21, May 6, 2020.

1. RNprius21

RNprius21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2011 Prius and I need to order new headlight assemblies. I’m not sure if they are halogen or LED. The current bulbs are LED but we aren’t so sure the correct bulbs were used when being replaced. I’m replacing bulbs about every 6 month. How can I know which type to order? Also any particular brand that I should look for?

2. ttou68

ttou68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The easiest is to check with dealership with your VIN number, they should be able to help you with it. Give your local Toyota service department a call..

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If they look like this, they are the factory LEDs:

[​IMG]

If they look like this, they are the factory halogens:

[​IMG]

(they are also busted, but at least you can tell what they look like.)

If you have the factory LEDs, I don't think there are bulbs in there you even can replace, not every 6 months, not even at any time. Except for the high beam; I think that was still halogen in those.

If you have the factory halogen assemblies, it's entirely possible somebody put LED retrofit bulbs in. Surely you're not changing those every 6 months? :eek: