1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius II questions- nav, bluetooth, ipod

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kellyann, Apr 21, 2012.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey ya'll I'm totally new to this forum, however, I have been doing research trying to find an answer to my questions... no luck so far. I've read a lot of great info though!

Anywho, I just bought a left over 2011 Prius II (yay!!!)
    I knew it didn't come with nav, bluetooth, or an ipod connection and I couldn't justify spending close to an extra $6000 for a model that had those things. So now I am trying to get info on aftermarket systems that will allow me to have navigation, bluetooth, and ipod connection.

I have heard about Rosen and Advent for navigation systems, I do want it to look as close to factory as possible. I'm not at all electronically inclined and will probably have to have it installed somewhere. That being said, I am totally clueless to the difference between the two.

Here's what is important to me:
    1. Navigation that is accurate and affordable to keep up to date; I live in a rapidly expanding, confusing city and surrounding areas that I am not totally familiar with yet.
    2. Bluetooth integration for my phone so that I can stop worrying about holding it to my ear while driving. Also, I know my ipad has bluetooth - can I stream music over that? Also, can two devices be set up with bluetooth at once? If not, I'll hopefully be upgrading to an iphone within a year.
    3. The above issue leads into this... If I am limited with my bluetooth devices, I would like to have a usb port to hook my ipod up to.
    4. I still need the steering wheel audio controls to function properly.

I know this is a lot to read, and hopefully ya'll can give me some insight!

Thank you :D

2. smoothmafiya20

smoothmafiya20 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I would recomond the advent navigation unit for the prius. I have a 2011 Prius II package and I installed the 2011 Advent unit with the 2011 firmware. I would highly recomend you to buy it from adcmobile. I bought for $950 which also included shipping. The owner Walt is grat guy. He would answer all your questions and take care of all your concerns if you had any. He is not one of those guyz who would not care if you called him with questions after you bought the unit. Fantastic guy and customer service. I did have an issue with the frimware since I had a 2012 firmware in the unit for the 2011 prius. I called him and he took care of the issue and resolved it. Here is my take on it

Pros:
    It has the ability to watch videos from your Iphone after enabling the brake overide. (I would not recomed it)
    navigation works well
    You have a USB connection (Only 1)
    over all works perfect
    Looks like factory fit
    bluetooth works great...
    The unit comes with a line for the backup camera which helps judging while backing up. So u can get the cheapest backup camera and save some $$$

Cons:
    My unit did not come with the stearing weel controls. I think you have to pay extra to get that.
    It would be nice to have traffic update
    It would also be nice to have voice recognation in the unit so u cud say a persons name and it would dial automatically.
    Also it would be nice to have a function to read out ur text messages.

Overall its great...it satisfies all that I would like to have in my car.