1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius level 2 want to upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusNP, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you are looking at a 15 Camry Hybrid, do not overlook an Avalon Hybrid. Probably priced fairly close and the Avalon is to my mind bigger better, same gas mileage, and a lot quieter, just a thought.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    "Want" and "Need" are kind of the key here.

If it is your wifes' Prius and she needs a more comfortable ride, and wants to upgrade, then at this point it doesn't matter how reliable and great The Prius has been or is....sounds like the upgrade is coming.

IMO, comfort can be so individual, so subjective, that about the ONLY thing you can do is start test driving. Your wife is going to have to sit in the vehicles and choose one she thinks is going to be more comfortable.
    Many of the options already mentioned, but which one is best? That's going to come down to personal decision.

I don't feel or think any of the other hybrid options are going to return you the same utility or MPG efficiency as The Prius. When I was considering hybrids, I kind of thought of Prius as the Hybrid "All In" option. That is, if I was going to commit to Hybrid Ownership, I wanted the hallmark, the best, I could get. That was, the 50 mpg of The Prius.

It was a pretty short period of time that I considered any other Hybrid options, such as Hybrid Camrys or otherwise, I kind of felt that if I wanted a Hybrid, I wanted a Hybrid FIRST.
    And that meant...MPG and efficiency 1st....potential comfort 2nd.

If those aren't your priorities in Hybrid ownership...then comfort is subjective, my base recommendation is to test drive. Only your wife can know what she thinks is the most comfortable for her.

tvpierce and Prodigyplace like this.