1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius making the noise of leakage when brake released.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Imrand, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Imrand

Imrand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hello everyone i have a interesting story to tell you and looking for a good answer.
    My prius gen 3 started giving a noice of leakage when i release brake. I tried hard to find it but no luck. One day I pulled out master cylinder for inspection nothing wired. Then I removed abs pump and noticed there were rubber rings which were pressed hard and looked like leak of pressure. I put some silicone and fitted it back now noice is reduced.
    Question: there was a plate in between pump and master cylinder is it replaceable ?
    2nd earlier drive was very hard engine was taking too much power before this fix. Now its extremely soft how it can be.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Are you saying "master cylinder" to mean the assembly on the top in this drawing, and "abs pump" to mean the assembly on the bottom?

[​IMG]

Can you describe further the "plate" you have mentioned?

3. Imrand

Imrand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This one is placed in between master cylinder and abs control module

Attached Files:

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So what you're saying is you disassembled the brake booster assembly.

That's just sold as a unit.

5. Imrand

Imrand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As u can see in photo there are rubber ring seals on this plate they are leaked. So what i did was put some silicone around them and installed it again now my brake is working batter not 100%. All other parts on unit are perfectly fine. I have to wait till lockdown is over to replace the complete unit. I just want to knew if anyone else have fixed it.