1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius pricing: difference b/t Dec and Jan

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by tbird86ghz, Jan 17, 2012.

1. tbird86ghz

tbird86ghz New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm in the market for a 2011 Prius II, and have been looking into prices since the beginning of January (in SoCal). It strikes me that dealerships that were offering the car for the high $20k- low $21k range as late as Jan 3 (when the last $500 rebate for the region expired here) have adjusted to the low- mid- $22k range since (a new $500 rebate has supposedly arrived as well). Am I looking at the wrong places, or were there other incentives offered in late December that I'm not aware of? Does this trend get better when 2012's hit the lot? Thanks!

PS Mods: Sorry if it's in the wrong forum, not sure if it should be in Dealers or here.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Most auto manufacturers offer sales incentives in December. December is the biggest sales month of the year for autos. When the sales are over, prices return to normal.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm afraid your window of opportunity closed. Good luck, there does seem to be quite a few 2's left, keep hunting.:(

1 person likes this.
  4. kumatae

kumatae Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    i bought my Prius II end of december in so cal with the $500 incentive and got it for $21300. i did notice that prices did go up slightly, but i would guess that it will drop a little once the 2012 models start arriving but then again, you might not get your choice of color...

1 person likes this.
  5. pauln64

pauln64 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought mine in Nov but still kept up with the prices in December. They are up in Jan. Like the others said, most of the good deals were last month. Although with 12's coming out,they may start discounting the left over 11's

1 person likes this.
  6. sphereman

sphereman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am also looking to purchase a new Prius. I've been checking prices since Dec. Price in Jan definitely went up but since 2012's are here, you will see heavy discounts on 2011's now.

Now, I must decide whether to go for a 2011 leftover or a brand spanking new 2012.

7. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just purchased my 2011. Discounts for most of the 4's and 5's was about 2k off of list ...... or just under invoice. I was not pricing the 2 or 3's - so I don't know what they were going for. I checked a few dealers and did some pricing online .... my local dealer was within a few hundred dollars of the cheapest internet price.

Toyota also has zero percent interest for five years in my area.

8. tbird86ghz

tbird86ghz New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    To update: It looks like the lowest price I've found is $21,977 - at our favorite San Diego area dealers, with LA not quite matching. Let's see what February holds when 2012's arrive!

9. 06d

06d Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good luck got mine early Dec. for $21750, kinda regret didnt get a package IV, becuase i spend $2500 on katzkin leather, a pioneer navigation, HID headlights and fog lights

10. tbird86ghz

tbird86ghz New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for all of the help with the car purchase! To add another data point to the prices, I'm closing on a deal for $21,600 + TTL for a Prius II 2011 in Blizzard Pearl (so around $21,380 if you don't want the white) - in SoCal today, with 0% APR for 36mo on top. Good luck on the search for those still looking!

11. pjay

pjay New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just picked up a 2011 Prius Two in Misty Gray Metallic last night for $22,485 minus a $1,000 rebate (which was ostensibly ending Jan. 31). Only add-ons were taxes and DMV fees. I also got a fantastic deal on my trade-in ('06 CR-V EX), so fantastic that local dealers (I bought from one in Pennsylvania) wouldn't even begin to talk numbers with me. They said, "If someone's offering you that, you take it."

Misty Gray Metallic wasn't my first color choice (that would have been Blue Ribbon Metallic) or even my second (that would have been Barcelona Red). But of the Blizzard Pearl, Black, and Misty Gray Prius Two options on the lot, Misty Gray appealed to me most.

A whopping six miles were on the odometer when I drove away from the dealership. I traveled 111 miles home on the full tank of gas and was amazed that the fuel gauge didn't move a single blip. This should be very interesting, indeed.

Good luck to everyone with a Prius purchase!

12. pjay

pjay New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just picked up a 2011 Prius Two in Misty Gray Metallic last night for $22,485 minus a $1,000 rebate (which was ostensibly ending Jan. 31). Only add-ons were taxes and DMV fees. I also got a fantastic deal on my trade-in ('06 CR-V EX), so fantastic that local dealers (I bought from one in Pennsylvania) wouldn't even begin to talk numbers with me. They said, "If someone's offering you that, you take it."

Misty Gray Metallic wasn't my first color choice (that would have been Blue Ribbon Metallic) or even my second (that would have been Barcelona Red). But of the Blizzard Pearl, Black, and Misty Gray Prius Two options on the lot, Misty Gray appealed to me most.

A whopping six miles were on the odometer when I drove away from the dealership. I traveled 111 miles home on the full tank of gas and was amazed that the fuel gauge didn't move a single blip. This should be very interesting, indeed.

Good luck to everyone with a Prius purchase!