1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius recirculated air mode problem?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by corvie, Feb 6, 2012.

1. corvie

corvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know if it's a problem or not, but on my 2011 prius II, when i turn the a/c off, with everything off, all the lights are off except for the recirculated air mode on. I still feel air coming through, a little. I don't want any air to go through at all. When i turn off recirculated air mode off, a little air go in but not much. Usually, i don't want to rely on the A/C, so i turn everything off, even the fan is off, also, I don't want the air from outside to go in, but it still go in. I don't know if there's a problem in the prius. Sorry for the english.

A simple line would be, with everything off, A/C off, fan off, recirculated air mode on, still air still manage to go in. I don't know if it's outside or engine air.. I just don't know..

Cory

2. Ffejrobins30

Ffejrobins30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's not a problem. It's designed that way on purpose. It's a legal requirement so you don't sit in your car and suffocate because of a lack of fresh air. If everything is off, then you aren't using the A/C.

3. corvie

corvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So if you saying that it's legal requirement to let the fresh air in, what happen if you don't want to smell the farm fertilizer on the freeway. how do you block that air from coming in with everything off?

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Hit the "air freshener" button right next too it. It works great for skunks, diesels, etc. :rockon:

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Another reason that you always want air flow coming in is to keep your HV battery cool. The cabin air is pulled across the batteries to cool and then exhausted outside the car.

That is why even the "air freshener" has a 3 minute timer. That and not fogging up your windshield.

6. FBalsam

FBalsam New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    #6 FBalsam, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021