1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 prius torque dampener / flywheel has alignment marks?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by George Evearts, Dec 11, 2020.

1. George Evearts

George Evearts Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know if on a 2011 prius torque dampener / flywheel has alignment marks or does it just bolt on?

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Repair Manual (more info) instructions for removing and installing the flywheel sub-assembly and transmission input damper assembly are under Engine/Hybrid System: 2ZR-FXE Engine Mechanical: Rear Crankshaft Oil Seal.

I didn’t see anything there about making or using reference or alignment marks, with one exception: when you install the flywheel sub-assembly, you’re supposed to mark the eight bolts, so you can retighten them (in a specified sequence) by 90 degrees.

George Evearts likes this.
  3. George Evearts

George Evearts Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I didn't think there was but the Haneys books say to mark the two with a punch. I'm replacing it so it wouldn't apply. But it also mentions that there are marks on some models. The book spans from 2009 - 2012. It's a long job and better to safe than sorry.
    Thanks for the help greatly appreciate it.

Elektroingenieur likes this.