1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius Two not II because it is not a 2010 Hidden Menu

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by TeresaCute, Feb 12, 2017.

1. TeresaCute

TeresaCute New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can someone please show me how to gain access to the "Hidden Menu" of a 2011 Prius Two, not II, because only 2010 Prius used uppercase roman numerals for model designation? The "Info + Headlights on/off 3 times" trick all over YouTube are apparently for 2009 and older models. I drained my 12V battery by accident a few days ago. It seems to be OK now after a jump start by AAA. It would be nice if I could see the actual voltage from the hidden menu to make sure. Thank you.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you haven't hooked your battery up to a charger after discharging the battery so low that a jump was required, then it's doubtful that the battery is back to optimal condition.

Buy a cheap multimeter from Walmart, etc (approx. $10 or less) and measure the voltage of your battery at the engine jump terminal and ground with the ignition/power off. Then turn on your headlights, again with the ignition off, and measure the voltage again. Report back with your readings.

m.wynn likes this.
  3. TeresaCute

TeresaCute New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you xliderider. But your suggestion is actually beyond my ability. Hopefully, there is another less technical solution out there. Thank you again.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Most autoparts stores that sell batteries will do a free battery test, and some will even give you a printout of the results.

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it's the original battery it's way over due for replacement. If a light left on killed it then it may begin sulphating
    Which means it will never hold a proper charge again. You may notice your mileage taking a hit as the inverter struggles to keep it charged.
    I don't believe the G3 has the menu you mentioned but a good trick is at night before starting the car turn the headlights on before u boot the car. Watch the lights and see if they dim the slightest bit .
    If you see a dimming even tiny it's getting ready to leave you again.

Replace it now.

6. TeresaCute

TeresaCute New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did the test suggested by edthefox5 the other night. Wasn't happy with the result. Replaced the battery this evening so I can have peace of mind for the next 6 years. Thank you everybody for your input. Happy motoring!!

7. NavyLCDR

NavyLCDR Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Car in ACC mode (one press of power switch without pressing brake). Audio system on. Hold down Info Phone button and cycle headlights on and off.