1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius - Windshield triples light source images

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by srevelation, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Lindsi

Lindsi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    UUGGHHHH I'm so happy. I see no recent posts on this since last June so I apologize for bringing it back up... We noticed this issue on my 2012 very soon after purchasing it new. I reported it to the dealership and made sure they noted it on one of my service tickets. I've just been dealing with it since...helps I don't drive too much at night. Well last week I got hit by a rock on the bypass...and cracked my windshield... insurance only covered the repair otherwise $500 deductible. The repair went good...but aesthetically no difference...I just stare at the penny size crack..
    So I see some other Prius owners had luck getting Toyota to replace their windshield for the light triple effect...my service center is open late one night a week so they had me stop in when it was getting darker and I thought the rep that went for a ride with me was going to explode. He couldn't believe how bad it was. He took some video/photos and said they'd see what they can do...

Long boring story...sorry... but they are replacing my windshield! WOOOHOOOOOO I'm so excited.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!(y)

3. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi!

Glad to hear you're getting a new windshield:)

Just found this thread, and our gen 3 2010 has the same problem... There is a link to this thread on a norwegian detailing page, since a lot of Norwegians has had the same problem:)

All the best from Norway

4. G_low

G_low New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I have been driving Prius 2016 model for 2 years without seeing ghost image. Was extremely pleased with the purchase. Recent had a windshield replacement due to a cracked. Immediately I see ghost image (one on top and another at the bottom) on all bright lights at night. The images will merged when it gets closer. It is exactly what many have described in this forum. The workshop was very good and immediately replaced with another new windshield even though they say they have not encountered this before. But the 2nd new windscreen also have the same ghost image. The original windscreen AGC 43

5. G_low

G_low New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    ...the original windscreen Toyota AGC 43R-000151 M8141 Lamisafe 10A while the new problematic one is Toyota AGC 43R-000217 ML141 Lamisafe 10A. Not sure the difference in part number is the cause or..? Hope to get some advices from the people who have their problem resolved. Thanks in advanced.