1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 Prius Won't Start - New Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Wasatchprius, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Wasatchprius

Wasatchprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Earlier this week, I went to start my car and when I pushed the start button, the lights on the dash flickered and only the check engine stayed on. I used another vehicle to jump the Prius and then promptly took it to the Toyota dealer to replace the 12v battery. I replaced the vehicle and for a couple of days, the car started flawlessly. This morning, on a cold day, I once again went to start the car and the lights on the dash flickered and the car would not start. The electric windows and locks do not even operate.

Did I get a bad battery? What else could be causing the car to not start?

Thanks!

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    you could have a defective Hybrid system INVERTER no recharging the " 12VDC" circuits or some one accidentally is leaving an unclosed door or a dome light while the vehicle is unattended.

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    When the battery was replaced the new one should have been fully charged with an external charger.
    The charging voltage also should have been checked.

NOT doing either (or both) of those things could have caused your problem.
    The both need to be done now.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you bought a new battery, it's their responsibility. maybe a loose connection.