1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 rear bumper removal.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by unigeezer, Mar 5, 2015.

1. unigeezer

unigeezer Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've searched but could not find any tutorials on how to remove the rear bumper cover in order to replace a retaining bracket. I found a thread with this link, but it's no longer good: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...tions/69601-very-cool-parking-assist-mod.html Here's the thread - there's the 'official' Toyota guide to rear removal...

Is it possible to remove/lower one side only, or would the entire bumper need to be removed? I need to replace the retainer on the rear passenger side, and also don't know if I need to remove the black part attached to the cover on the bottom before removal.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

2. unigeezer

unigeezer Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. Grandmaevey2004

Grandmaevey2004 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I googled replacing rear bumper on prius and found a very good video
    (Fixing my moms prius : Loose rear bumper cover) showed him only removing 1 side of the bumper.
    I have this same problem plus more as the rear inner fender on passenger side also needs replacing on my Prius.
    The retainer costs $54.88 from Toyota but found it cheaper elsewhere. Might have to purchase the RR B Seal from dealership as I'm unable to find elsewhere.

Danny likes this.
  4. unigeezer

unigeezer Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes I've seen that video, but that's a gen 2. Not sure if removal procedure is the same.