1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2011 vs 2012 Dilemma

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kaarmaa, Nov 25, 2011.

1. cashcorn

cashcorn New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I read somewhere the level IV will have the electric seats, hud, larger nav screen. As long as it is no more than 1k over 2011 I'm in..

2. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If the market works as "normal", you can probably expect the same discounts on the 12's by mid March of next year. Odds are if you can wait that long you will save.:cool:

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But, they have limited room to raise the 2012 prices because of the v.

2011 Prius Three w/ nav stickers just over $27k with mats, Prius v three is just $28k.

2012 Prius Three is very similar to v Three options. The '12 will have 3 door smart key over the v, but the v is a bigger car.

I think they may keep the 2012 Three just over $27k. Keep in mind, no more higher audio in the Three. It's back to 6 speakers and no amp.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's about $2k dealer discount and $1k factory rebate off Two's. Don't think you'll be seeing that on 2012's next March or even next Thanksgiving. Those are pre mid cycle refresh discounts.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota Sunnyvale saying 2012's to hit last of December or early January and that she's never seen these incentives of $1k rebate on 3rd gen Prius. $1k rebate will go away on 12's, so 11's are good deal now.

6. sharol46

sharol46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So...has anyone been able to "preference" a car yet with Toyota or a Toyota dealer? Are the 2012 prices posted anywhere yet? I'm getting increasingly impatient.

7. BernieKing

BernieKing 2016 Prius, 2011 silver Prius

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just bought a 2011 (December 8th - not enough of a change to wait for a 2012 for the money and savings you can enjoy now.

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Piercey Toyota says delivery date of Jan 13th. Almost guarantee you Toyota will not post pricing on Toyota.com before they are delivered. Didn't ask about pricing as ... I just bought mine. Take note Prius v 'build your own' just came up this week, 6 weeks after Prius v's first arrived.

Other thing he mentioned is the $1000 rebate / low APR is only for the 2011's.

It will cost more money to get the touchscreen and USB, exterior updates of the 2012. That we know.

I guess Toyota was quite affected by the earthquake / floods in Thailand on this update.

9. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Agreed ... there is no way those discounts will be available in March. Period. Best guess ... next December.

REV

10. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Or wait until March 2015 for 4 to $5k discounts on 2015 models before the 4th Gen, 2016 arrives in late May 2015 (based on arrival of 3rd gen) :D

11. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yup !! That'll work too !

REV

12. Den49

Den49 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don't underestimate how annoying the "noisemaker" in the 2012 will be. It is highly predictable that in 2012 one of the most popular PriusChat threads will be about how to disconnect the noisemaker, but will it be legal to do so?

13. Miikka

Miikka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings from Finland!

I ordered 2012, I actually waited for it when the rumors started flowing about 2012 and decided to take a risk and pass 2011. All the improvements are looking so worth for the wait and price increase (in Finland most of the packages actually have higher price now).

Factory hasn't yet confirmed the order so actual delivery date is still unknown but looks like somewhere in April.

Considering the price increase and what I get with that one, I am feeling very confident that I will be satisfied with my first Prius.

14. LI3

LI3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was facing this '11 vs '12 dilemma and pulled the trigger last weekend on a 2011 3 with floor mats. I would have liked to have had the ipod/phone music interface, the nav would have been nice but not a big deal in my case.

I basically went for saving the money, I got a decent deal and a good price on my trade. I'm pretty sure the new 3 will be 1 to 2k more then the current one and they will not be discounting, at least not for a while. it would not surprise me for the early 2012 to get th e "market adjustment" as they call here when they gauge you on price. Getting a better sound system on the 11 was a plus too.

Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow morning, Saturday.

The gas mileage will be nice and will save me about 1,000 per year. But, for me it was the use of HOV lane that I'm after. Expecting to be less late to work next year.

Merry Christmas to me!

15. Stevep

Stevep Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had the same problem. After considering 0 % interest, reduced price ( about $2500), deferred payment for three months, and being able to get the color and model I wanted, I decided on the 2011. Love the car and especially the mileage. I have about 3k on it and have gotted 58.6 overall since getting it. I plan on keeping it for a long time so the resale doesn't really come into play.

16. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  17. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Leather was a big deal for us. Spin the the synthetic stuff any way you want but the bottom line is it's a cost saving move. Toyota says its "greener", more green in their pocket :) kind of like the Toyota Care BS. For this car it's 2 free oil changes, if Toyota made it for the length of the warranty then it might be a true value.

The Bluetooth streaming works so well I don't miss the Apps that the 12's will have. Would love the bigger better Nav screen but can't have it all.

We ended up at 700 below invoice on a IV with leather, solar and Nav And I added PChat foglights.

18. Duckles McGee

Duckles McGee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wasn't in the position to wait for the 2012's to come out, but the entune capable NAV would be a nice upgrade from the 2011's. That said, I can do any of those "apps" from my iphone through BT audio. I'm just wondering if it is a better interface. Would it be retrofittable?

I ended up with a III w/ nav. The 0% for 60 made the 2011 a little cheaper and the car was priced close to invoice, which you probably wont see on 2012's for a bit.

19. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think we'll see that for about 3 years, right around time they unveil the 4th gen.

20. sharol46

sharol46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm glad to see the pricing. Now I can order my IV. When you order ahead (sorry, preference) around here, you have to go into the dealership prepared. I'll post back when it comes together. I like my salesman (at least he respects my preparation and knowledge and doesn't try to fabricate information), and he is saying he can get pricing now. We will see how close he is to Toyota's numbers.

Sharol (in Kansas, USA)