1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 black stock rims scratch fix?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Michael325, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Michael325

Michael325 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I recently had new tires put on and the guys who mounted them didn't really care bout my little black rims and scratched and chipped paint off on each one. A few are from me hitting curbs and what not. Anyways just wondering if anyone had a trick to fixing this? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Paint, PlastiDip, will work. Or, take them off and have them powder coated. ;)

SCH-I535

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a 94 impala SS and the guys at tire kingdom brutally gouged a rim and then tried to sand/polish in the hopes that I would not notice...they were wrong. they ended up replacing the wheel. I found a good used one that I purchased and they reimbursed me and they let me keep the gouged rim.

if the tire machine is set up properly it will not even touch the edge of the rim.

if its not too noticeable I would think that some sort of enamel paint would work to make it less visible. it they are full on "gouges" and very noticeable talk with the store manager. and ask that the wheels be repaired by a wheel shop or replaced. But if you've got a lot of "curb rash" on the rim then they will likely tell you to pound sand..

4. Michael325

Michael325 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks guys, I'll do a little research on some paints try to touch them up a bit.

5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. techno-Zen

techno-Zen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II