1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 C Three - Display Audio/Entune Issues

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by qonos, Oct 1, 2017.

1. qonos

qonos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi everyone,

Had this problem for a while. Hoping someone can give me some advice.

tl;dr version: Screen is blank and unresponsive on iPod/USB source. Unable to access the apps menu or the audio source menu.

The "Audio" and "Apps" buttons do nothing at all. There is no beep when I press them nor do they bring up their respective menus on the srceen. I know at least the Audio button is mechanically fine, because if I go into the Car or Setup screens, pressing Audio brings me back to the audio. The "Source" soft button also does nothing. Other touchscreen functions, such as selecting AM/FM presets, do work. The only way I can change sources is from the steering wheel button.

When I connect my phone to USB, music starts playing automatically. However the screen on the display audio unit is blank. I can control the music from the phone itself but none of the head unit controls, e.g. track forward/back hard buttons, and any of the screen-based functions, work at all.

The phone and voice control buttons on the steering wheel do nothing. I don't even get the "voice control not available" message that I seem to recall seeing sometimes. My phone does connect to the car over Bluetooth but there is no audio in either direction. If I pick up a call while I'm in the car, I have to switch it back to the phone's speaker or else neither of us will be able to hear the other.

All of this started at once, maybe about a year and a half ago (right after the warranty expired, of course). When I took it to the dealer, they said they were going to charge me $120 just to look at it. They wouldn't even look to see if there was a firmware upgrade available or something simple like that. Ridiculous, but I told them to go ahead. The person who actually worked on the car told me he would have to get in touch with Toyota. Never heard back from them, of course. At least they didn't charge me the $120. My feeling is that if I pushed it with them they would just end up telling me to replace the entire unit, which looks to be around $2,400. Not interested in spending that much, I would sooner just replace it with an OEM unit at that point.

So...any suggestions? I would prefer to repair the unit I have, if possible.

2. Elliot C

Elliot C New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I’m having the same problem with my 2012 Prius C three. We’re you able to find a solution?