1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 C2

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dwillem, Mar 14, 2021.

1. dwillem

dwillem New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am a new Prius owner by chance. My sister got a new car and actually gave me her 2012 Prius C two with 70,000 miles. I turned in my lease on my 2017 Hyundai Elantra last weekend when I got the Prius. I have to say I LOVE this car. it feels so solid for such a small car. It handles really well and all the hybrid tech (albeit 10 years old) is really neat. The display is showing like 50+ MPG even on short 4 mile trips. I'm 6'1 " 230 lbs and fit very comfortably. Over the years I have spent much time in the back seat of this car on road trips when it was my sister's car and never felt wanting for more space. Pretty impressive little car.

How do I clean the engine compartment? The car wash uses steam which isn't safe. I'm not skilled or brave enough to clean with a hose. I don't know how my sisters car is this dirty from paved roads in Los Angeles. IMG-5585.jpg Front C2.jpg Front C2.jpg

#1 dwillem, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Too much electronics for a traditional gunk degreaser and power wash routine. So instead just get some rags and auto detailing tools and also some non-toxic all purpose spray cleaner and start scrubbing. Once you're done put an armor all type product on the rubber and plastic to make it look nice. Also if you really want to get into it, put some polish and wax on the painted parts.

Best thing about a really clean engine compartment is if you have any minor leaks they'll be easy to find. Also when it's time to work on the car it'll be less messy and more enjoyable.

Vibe02 likes this.