1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 CamHy XE vs XLE

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by acdii, Dec 31, 2012.

1. acdii

acdii Active Member

What are the differences? I am on the fence right now with Ford, and if I get any more grief I may just dump the 2013 for one of these instead.

I was not impressed with the build and material quality in the 09 model, so if I do decide to go about this, I will be giving it a real close look at everything, once bitten twice shy IYKWIM.

What can anyone tell me about the 2012, and please be honest.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It's le and xle, not xe. I drove an xle hybrid in San Francisco right before the came out and it was a beautiful car. Interior was very nice, it had ample power and it drove nice. I dont know how the price has changed since it was released, but at the time what it came with in the xle for the price, it blew most if not all of us who are Prius Experts and out there for the event away. But impressions are all so subjective since all too many times I see people expecting cars like the Prius, Altima, accord etc feel and drive like $60k bmw's and Mercedes. Depends if you're reasonable in what to expect.

Personally, I think once you get a new car, no matter how much you dislike it it will cost just way too much money to dump it now and go with something else. Maybe once it's two years old, but right now, I do not know...

4. acdii

acdii Active Member

There are 2 things I expect out of a car, close to if not on the EPA, and reliability, and so far the FFH has not lived up to either of them. My older 2010 is living up to it, both Toyotas did too, but this one has Strike 2 on it. Dealer was closed already so wont be able to get it in until Wednesday night, after I pickup the kids, drop them all off at home and get the car, cause I'm not driving it again until it has been worked on, I dont trust it. Its 43 miles each way to work, and I have to trust my car to not leave me stranded, and this one has left me doubting its trustworthiness, pretty sad for a new car with only 4500 miles on it.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the le does not have a power drivers seat.

6. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    For the price difference, me personally, I'd only consider an xle. Again, just me...

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed. but that's the taquila talking.:p

8. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Lol, I wish but alas no, it's me talking. It's like a $1500 price difference, or at least it was last I knew pricing... Go big or go home lol.

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    easy for you to say, i got the base pip. i am home tho...:rolleyes: