1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 in San Bernardino County, 145k miles, looking at replacing a couple of modules

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by gen3brad, Jan 10, 2023.

1. gen3brad

gen3brad New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm fairly competent and confident I could do it myself, but am more inclined to see if someone with more experience can assist me in repairing my hybrid battery. I don't have a code currently, but a P0A80 did show up for a brief second at my mechanic. I have slow acceleration off the line and get about 39 mpg. Dr Hybrid shows 25% life expectancy and that blocks 7 and 14 are weak. It looks like there may be a couple of others underperforming by watching the bar graph during acceleration. Would be great to work with someone who has access to the tests and parts I'd need.

So are there any mechanics in the area near Palm Springs, LA, or OC, or even San Diego? I'm excited to learn about this and am not adverse to it taking some time and trial and error. I also realize the benefit of a mentor or mechanic that can save me from costly errors.