1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Nav update USB?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by J Humes, Apr 9, 2023.

1. J Humes

J Humes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi Prius experts.
    My 2012 Prius 4 with the E7039 head is so out of date now, the original delivered version, I consider it to be a dangerous navigational aid at this point. Can someone please tell me what is the latest and possibly last Nav update for a 2012 Prius 4 with the E7039 head?
    My dealer is telling me that nothing is available for my car that isn't also critically out of date. Like they used to say on the old TV series "X-Files" the truth is out there somewhere. If there is a last version I would really appreciate a Toyota PN. If there is no hope, what are fellow members using for an alternative besides their phones?
    Suggestions by my Prius Chat experts are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jerry H.

2. Teslius

Teslius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2011 last week and am horrified by the navigation. It’s truly awful. So I ordered a new head unit from China. It’s a Tesla style 12.8 inches run by Android and it has wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It was cheap plus I had to buy two on Alibaba. Worst literally they are coming on a slow boat from China. I guess

I am trying to say you probably can’t update the map to anything relevant, or useful. The link is what i bought. The unit I bought was a Klyde 1280. Fingers crossed it makes my Prius useful with modern tools.

3. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can you post a list of what you purchased ?

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  5. MARK A SLOO sloo

MARK A SLOO sloo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, please share how it went with the head unit from China. I was looking at doing the same!