1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius 100amp fusible link

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Zachary Heath, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Zachary Heath

Zachary Heath New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My grandmothers friend disconnected only the positive cable to clean corrosion. This led to the 100amp fuse in fuse box B to blow as well as the majority of interior light fuses in fuse box A.

I have removed a 10mm nut on a stud, and a 10mm bolt from the Fuse Box B but cannot get it to lift up at all. Seems all the wiring is keeping it. But I see no way of getting to the 10mm bolt holding the 100amp fuse in other than maybe the bottom side. Any tips would be appreciated, I can supply pics here shortly.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    First, are we talking about a Prius v wagon fuse box (this forum) or a Prius c fuse box (car listed in your profile)? I don't see a 100 amp fusible link in a Prius v, I find a 125 amp in the engine fuse box and a 140 amp at the battery.

Normally it takes a reverse jump to take out the fuse box links.

I can't help with the fuse box removal other than suggest you get a $20 subscription to the Toyota "Technical Information System" (TIS) and download the instructions. I don't recall a description of the process being posted here but I certainly could be wrong.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_home_page&contextType=external&username=string&password=secure_string&challenge_url=https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/login/techinfo&request_id=8705967065507011886&authn_try_count=0&locale=en_US&resource_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftechinfo.toyota.com%2F

Attached Files:

3. Zachary Heath

Zachary Heath New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you for your reply. I saw (2012-2016) and didn’t even keep scrolling to see if there was another for the C models. Looks like I posted it to the wrong section of the forums, so that’s a my bad. I believe she just plans on having it towed to the dealership at this point. She says her friend jumped the battery off and she drove it home, then he cleaned the terminal. I tried to put a new battery in, but had no luck with it so I checked the fuses and that’s where I am now.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's not clear to me which fuse boxes you are talking about when you say "A" and "B". I'm guessing by "A" you mean the one under the instrument panel and by "B" you mean the one under the hood, but where'd you get those names?

The one under the hood is itself several sections, as I recently described here. I was describing a Gen 3 liftback's, but in my understanding the differences in that box between liftback, v, and c are not huge.

On its left side (remember left and right on cars are always as you're facing the same way the car points) it has a couple of plastic pegs that poke through holes in the inner-fender sheet metal, so it can't be lifted up until shifted rightward enough for those pegs to clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Good this came up as I have been wondering where the 125A fusible link was located in a gen3. Clearly not an easy access and it is still not clear how the repair manual would direct a tech.

Apparently the 125 amp fusible is part 90982-08297 for a v or c. One post referenced repairing a reversed jumped gen3 by replacing the $15 part.

According to the linked video below, it can be visually inspected through an opening, but access requires removal and or disassembly of the engine fuse block since the 125amp fusible link is inside.

Selected pics from priuschat members who have seen it in the wild.

Unlisted video:

Attached Files: