1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 prius 2 ; rumble / shutter vib. from dead start.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by slim, Jun 15, 2012.

1. slim

slim New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is this common?

Have new 2012 with 8k miles. It has a rumble in motor/clutch with full acceleration from DEAD stop. Fine if a gentle start. I had Toyota tech. drive and he acted as if he was unaware of this type noise in a Prius. He did say there were like 5 things happing at once on quick acceleration. He did notice on test drive and offered to drive demo 2012. It had little bump but mined seems excessive. My friends claim theirs are smooth as silk. Most are 2006-2011. Not real picky but if its a early clutch issue want dealer to correct. Love the car other than nagging shutter.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, that sounds odd. My 10 was smooth as silk early on but now has loosened up a bit. So is the dealer going to do anything or did they say nothing seems to be wrong? Be persistent and contact the Customer Representative at the dealer if you are getting the run around.

Welcome aboard by the way!

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    "
    Not real picky but if its a early clutch issue want dealer to correct"

There is no clutch in your Prius. You might have transmission problems but not clutch problems.

4. slim

slim New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thanks for welcome. Tech. stated he would make a note in computer . When I go for 10k ck up I am going to press for another test drive/ review. South Eastern Toy are pretty good in this area. I just wanted to know if all 2012 had this vib.

5. slim

slim New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Acoording to tech. there is clutch (not in trad. sense of word) but one that reacts with electric motors on the wheel. So says tech. crazy.. maybe that why prius has so may computers. thxs slim

6. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II