1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius bluetooth, apps, charger not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lindyq, Oct 10, 2017.

1. lindyq

lindyq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    The radio and back-up camera are fine, but no bluetooth, no apps, navigation, no setup screen. The lighter/charger in the front doesn't work, but the one in the middle console still works. Toyota service shop said I could get an exchange (rehab) radio unit, with installation will be about $600. and if I understood correctly, said the charger problem was a fuse. Does this make sense? Should I replace the radio there, or go to an car audio place?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check all the fuses first, to be sure, but go to an audio place for a decent unit, instead of the toyota garbage.

3. BobinMich

BobinMich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Oddly enough, today I have this same situation. Checked all fuses related to audio. When I hit the “APP” button it says not installed.

4. uskallen

uskallen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you find a solution to this? I think I'm having the same issue. When I press the Apps, Setup and Phone buttons to the right of the screen, nothing happens. It's like it's not equipped with these features but I'm pretty sure it has navigation and bluetooth. Backup camera works though. The cigarette lighter port works, but the USB port doesn't.