1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius C issue- please help

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Josh331, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Josh331

Josh331 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey guys, my car is doing something strange starting last night. When I slide it into park, the green letter P shows up but then quickly disappears for a half second or so and then reappears and as soon as it does, the doors Auto Unlock and then instantly on the screen I get the orange triangle with the check hybrid system pull the car over immediately” message.
    I turn the car off and on repeatedly real fast about 5-6 times and the triangle and hybrid message goes away
    It did it last night and a few times today.

The car drives fine. Goes in and out of EV totally normal. The battery was replaced a year ago with a different used battery- I would guess it has 130,000-150,000 miles on the battery. The car itself has about 360,000. (Just about everything had been replaced, a used engine went into it 3 years ago, it’s probably around 200,000 miles now)

I use this car for work, so do you guys happen to have any idea what is going on. It is some kind of weird malfunction whenever you put the car in the park. It will show the green P but then it goes away for a sec and then pops back on the screen and then I get the check hybrid system message.

2. Josh331

Josh331 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Any help would be super appreciated

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How is the 12v health?

I suppose you’ll have to check for trouble codes

4. Josh331

Josh331 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    That was replaced three years ago so I would imagine that would still be good. yeah if it starts doing it again tomorrow I will have the codes checked

5. MattHoyle

MattHoyle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Did you get it fixed, Josh? Just guessing 3 yrs may be bringing the 12V battery into its realm of could-be-an-issue.