1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 prius Display Audio with Navigation & Entune Service Menu

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Habiru, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Habiru

Habiru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have not been able to locate where this is on the 2012's. Not looking for how to access the menu where you hold down the Setup button & tun your lights on & off a few times. I am looking for the menu that used to allow users to be able to Override the navigation. I think this is the worst part of the Toyota navigation system. I have had a ton of other navigation, both factory & aftermarket, & don't like having to stop to enter a destination. Voice commands are not as good as they could be with some more sound dampening but with the amount of noise the voice commands don't have that great of a chance. Does anyone know how to access this menu & whether or not it still allows for the Override option that it once did?

2. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You mean the menu reached from the volume menu (I think it was), where you touched the upper left and then lower left of the screen, back and forth a couple of times, and it brought up the services menu with the override button on it?

Not there any more.

There are some third party override add-ins that are available. I've never used any and so can't comment on them. If you search there are multiple threads on the subject.

3. mid jersey

mid jersey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi
    Just to repeat the question above - Anyone have any info on accessing the 2012 Prius service or diagnostic menu? None of the standard techniques listed in other threads (finger dance, or headlight switching) seem to work.
    Thanks.

Fat Raccoon likes this.
  4. Fat Raccoon

Fat Raccoon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Asking the same question! Anyone found something since the last post two months ago?
    Cheers!

5. mid jersey

mid jersey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yup - finally found it by accessing the TIS website and reading the vehicle documentation.

While holding the SETUP button on the Display Audio, turn the parking lights on and off 4 times. That will put you into the Nav diagnostic menu. Unfortunately, the menu seems fairly stripped down, as compared to the previous versions. In particular, it does not have an option to bypass the speed signal for the Navigation.

Thanks.

6. rockerdan

rockerdan PiP Rocks!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  7. mid jersey

mid jersey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Forget to mention how to get out of the setup menu, You can either power off the car, or press the SETUP button for about 3 seconds. That will cause the nav unit to reboot. The odd thing is that if I get into the setup menu while playing music, the music continues to play, even if I press the SETUP button to exit the menu. Seems to indicate that there are multiple independent systems behind the display.

8. Fat Raccoon

Fat Raccoon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A