1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Four w/HDD nav, can't trasnfer Nokia phone contacts

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Matt M., Oct 7, 2013.

1. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I posted about this a while ago, and I've seen several other related posts but still don't have an answer, and it's quite frustrating.

In my previous post my problem was that I couldn't transfer contacts from my Nokia Asha 300 phone to the Prius, and the Prius wouldn't give me the option to create speed dials or manually enter contacts. I eventually gave up. I figured somehow the Asha 300 maybe was too old and didn't support the right protocol or something.

Recently I temporarily had to use a Motorola KRZR K1 phone, the design of which is 5 years old. I was shocked to find that I -could- transfer contacts from the KRZR to the Prius and it worked perfectly, despite the design being several years older than my Nokia Asha 300.

A few days ago I started using a Nokia 301, which only came out about a year ago. The 301 has the same problem as my older Nokia. If I try to initiate transferring contacts on the car interface, it starts and says "Transfer Failed". If I go on my phone to a contact and try to send it via Bluetooth to my car, the phone says something like "Not supported on this device."

So what is the deal? Is there some fundamental incompatibility between how Nokia handles transferring contacts over Bluetooth and how the Prius handles it? What exactly could I look for in the specs of a phone I'm considering buying to even tell whether it will be able to transfer contacts to my Prius or not? Here are the Bluetooth specs from my 301 which isn't able to transfer contacts:

-----
    Bluetooth profiles: Object Push profile (OPP) 1.1, Hands-free profile (HFP) 1.5, Headset profile (HSP) 1.1, SIM Access Profile (SAP), Serial Port profile (SPP), Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) 1.0, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.4, General Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP), Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
    -----

Is there something missing that I need for it to work with the Prius? This is frustrating.

And just to mention it, the audio for calls is working fine over Bluetooth, as long as I either initiate the call on the phone, or use the "call history" on the Prius to initiate the call.