1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius headrest extension

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Gangly1, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Gangly1

Gangly1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We are considering buying a new Prius, most likely a II, but there is one thing standing in our way. I am 6'6" tall and the headrest does not come up high enough to support my head if there was a crash. It seems like this is pretty important for safety.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket headrest or something else to raise up the headrest. I have seen the seat extenders, but don't have a problem with the leg room. I test drove the Prius V as well, and the headrest was almost exactly the same.

2. Gangly1

Gangly1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just a followup to this. None of the salespeople or anyone else I have talked to know of anything that could be done with the headrest (no legitimate fixes).

FYI - the Hyundai Elantra has very tall headrests, and about as good or better headroom as the other small cars and hybrids that we have tried, so we may be going in that direction. The Chevy Sonic has amazingly good headroom for a small car, the most of any that we tried, but felt more cramped in general than some of the other cars and the headrest only came halfway up my head.

3. libmanj

libmanj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III