1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius II Body Side Mouldings

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by [email protected], Mar 29, 2012.

1. randydj@rocketmail.com

[email protected] New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Recently purchased new 2012 Prius. To prevent door dings, I bought after-market colour-coordinated body side mouldings. Along with the mouldings came an adhesive that is to go on the doors prior to placing the body side mouldings. I'm very reluctant to use the adhesive, fearing that it may overflow past where the mouldings are placed and ruin the paint. What is wrong with simply mounting the mouldings on the door with just the tape on the back of the mouldings? Is the adhesive really necessary? Or I'm asking for trouble such as the mouldings peeling off in the hot summer days to come. Those with experience, please offer some suggestions or comments. Thanks.

2. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Go on-line or to your dealer to get the stick-on moldings. There's two types apparently available, the conventional, same-width type and a type that tapers from front to back.

I had the conventional type put on. I think it looks good & breaks up the broad flat side of the vehicle.

3. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    They won't prevent door dings as you can still get them above and below the moldings due to varying heights of vehicles, but if you must have moldings get the tapered ones as they look significantly better and flow with the Prius body lines.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hepotter

Hepotter New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Get a roll of the 3M double sticky tape. I've used it on my 2005 and it's still holding those side moldings on tight. Yet, it peels off with no damage. You can buy rolls of it on-line or at most auto shops or Lowes/Home Depot.