1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius III hums at slow roll

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BrianG, Mar 25, 2012.

1. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i just reached my hand under the hood and disconnected the connector to the speaker... that's all you need to do if you don't want it working.

2 people like this.
  2. Bama345

Bama345 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    For those of you who have disconnected the speaker, are you getting any sort of check engine light, or other codes up on the dash?

3. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If that happens, then someone will have to take an ohmmeter to the noise maker and find out what resistance it is. Then measure the voltage at the unplugged connector from the car harness. Then someone can determine what wattage resistor could be used to simulate the noise maker. P= E squared/R which means Power equals Voltage squared divided by Resistance. It is likely a pulse signal but the average voltage measured with a DVM will be close enough. If someone wants to take an oscilloscope and show us what the signal is coming out of the car's harness, that would be cool too ;)

If my car was here I would do this but I am stuck until it arrives later this month :(

Mike :tea:

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I could try and read a code after disconnecting although I intend to keep the system operational in the long term.