1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Multi Info Display disappointing vs Prius C!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Midpack, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just bought a 2012 Prius Three and it's the right model for me. But having gotten familiar with the Multi Information Display that came with my car, and now seeing what comes on the (less expensive) Prius C, I am a little surprised/disappointed. The Prius C MID looks nicer (more colorful) and the screen contents available look far more useful to me. Drat...

And aside from Entune I like the 6.1" Display Audio for the most part, but the "Car" pages aren't much like the manual shows. There's no tire pressure (an option) and no history screen (that would have been very useful IMO). As far as I can tell my Prius won't store Record or Best mpg anywhere, unless I just haven't found it yet. My wife's 5 year old TCH has better mpg screens and content. Sigh...

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry things are that way. Could your dealer help?

iPhone ?

3. Vege-Taco

Vege-Taco Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm with you, Midpack, disappointed in the missing features and the completely useless manual.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it's a 5" MID vs. the 3.5" on the c (though yes, the c's screen is much sharper and higher res)

And also, they're trying to bring in a lower cost head unit, hence the Display Audio systems. Touchscreen, bluetooth streaming audio and low cost navigation.

You still have to buy the higher models to get the Denso headunit (like the one in your TCH).