1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Navigation Stopped Storing Destinations

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tumblebugg, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Tumblebugg

Tumblebugg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello Prius chat technical gurus...

I did a brief search of past threads and didn't see my particular problem so here goes.

I have owned my current 2012 Prius for right at 5 years. In the last couple of weeks I noticed that my saved destinations and previous destinations have disappeared from my navigation screen. The navigation still works but it is not saving any previous destination information, even if the destination is checked prior to turning off the car on the same trip. Nothing.

I had it in for routine service yesterday and my service advisor appeared to be mystified. After some basic clearing of data and trying again with no effect he said " the book said the radio needs to be replaced." That seems like a worst case approach to dealing with this. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or are there software updates that may address this issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Do you have the 6.1-inch (CD slot on top) or 7-inch (CD slot behind folding face) nav? The makers and update processes are different.

Have the maps ever been updated? Updates to the firmware are included in the map updates (for the 7" anyway, the one I know about). I haven't heard of that issue and can't be sure it'd help, but it might.

Before anything else, have you tried completely rebooting the unit? I think the 2012+ 7-inch unit will power-down hard if you press and hold the volume knob for several seconds, and then it will reboot from scratch. (Easier than unhooking the 12 volt battery to do it.)

No guarantees there either, but there's no end to the weird things a nice reboot can solve.

-Chap

3. Tumblebugg

Tumblebugg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Chap

My radio unit has the CD slot above the unit. My maps have never been updated. I think it might be worthwhile trying to reboot the system, especially if I can do so without unhooking the 12v battery. I'll report back what I learn from that process.

Thanks!