1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius refused to Start. Error Code P0335 – Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Chuba, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Michael Kent Handy

Michael Kent Handy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks! I will look up the service manual and try what you suggest. I wrote DENSO a question about my use of a non DENSO crankshaft sensor and below is a copy of text from their reply

DENSO does not approve using ‘’ none DENSO parts”, we have no control, or knowledge about parts that are not made by DENSO; OEM or Aftermarket.

We would suggest that you install the correct parts as a first step to resolve your problem.

2. Michael Kent Handy

Michael Kent Handy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Installed the Denso crankshaft sensor, but still have the non start problem. So now I have to use the repair manual link and my old analog meter to check for a short in the wiring from the sensor to the ECM connector. If anyone knows a link to step by step instructions for removing and replacing the crankshaft sensor wiring then please leave a reply!