1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Replacing driver side fender

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Sync801, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Sync801

Sync801 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone on here know to replace the driver side fender on a 2012 Prius?
    My headlight had gotten smashed and so I ordered the parts to fix it and got a few tools. I seen a video on how to replace the headlight and front bumper but since my side fender is damaged I'm tryna replace it now but can't find anything online. Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. Sync801

Sync801 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

3. Newsie11

Newsie11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Slides on from the front. Toughest part is getting the little c clips to catch the studs that are near the small triangle glass. You will need some sealant for the weather stripping near the cowl. Next bolt it in, then attach inner fender.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The OP's car might've sustained some damage to the mounting areas in the front, or they might be out of alignment.

5. Sync801

Sync801 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    update: Thats what happened. We managed to get the new fender on and it looked okay for awhile, though it wasnt lined up perfectly and then a few days later the door started denting the fender in