1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Rubber Plugs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by nitewolfgtr, Mar 18, 2012.

1. nitewolfgtr

nitewolfgtr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just got a 2012 Prius Four and found 2 oval Rubber Plugs in the glove box. Where do I install these plugs?

I looked under the car in front of the rear wheels and did not find any holes...

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Were they in a plastic bag? Mine were, and it shows on the bag that they go on the underside of the frame in front of the rear wheels. This is just a guess, but I think maybe they used those oblong holes for tying the cars down onboard the ship or truck. It may need to be on a hoist in order to see the holes, so I'm leaving it up to the dealer to take care of it for me.

3. nitewolfgtr

nitewolfgtr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just installed them. Had to look at the diagram on the plastic bag alittle harder and found it!

They are really easy to install and if you under about 1 ft in front of the rear wheels, you should see a oval hole that is perfect fit for the rubber plugs. :D

1 person likes this.
  4. eds123

eds123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been wondering about those things. I kept liking in the interior of the car....thanks for the heads up!