1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Three in Blizzard Pearl w/option - Price Evaluation

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Sandylsu, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Sandylsu

Sandylsu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Everyone - I received the latest price quote for a 2012 Prius Three in Blizzard Pearl with the following options - clear paint protection (which includes door cups, door edge guards, rear bumper protector), carpet mats, and Toyoguard Plus. Total MSRP = $28,321.00. I've gotten the price down to $23,411.00 w/o TTL. This is in the Southeast (NC), and I'm less than thrilled that their doc fees alone are $499! I'm wondering if I should bother bringing it down more to $23K given that it's year-end and that I'm paying w/o financing.

2. KennewickMan

KennewickMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    In the state of Washington the doc. fees are aprox. $150. In this state those fees are (optional) which means you do not have to pay for it IF you request not too. ;) When I am shopping for a car IF they want to deal with me they have to deduct those fees or I walk. $499 is outrageous do not pay it..............:eek:.... Good luck ..........George

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The price looks good otherwise.

4. Sandylsu

Sandylsu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll clarify that the original offer price (not sticker) was $23,995, which was their Internet price. I think what they're offering now offsets the ~$500 doc fee, plus it is below invoice. I think the invoice is (based on my research on edmunds.com and other websites) is $23,799. Just wondering if its worth to try to bring it down more to $23K, and if offering to pay w/o any financing bears any weight, or if I'm just going to price myself out of the market.