1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius trouble starting and gained ev range?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by nick817, Jan 19, 2020.

1. nick817

nick817 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Started the car this morning and had a weird issue. Temperature outside was around 2 degrees Fahrenheit. Attempted to start the car and it would only go into accessory mode with the radio and climate control turning on but car not saying "ready". I clicked the power button again and it didn't do anything. I clicked it about a dozen more times and it finally went from accessory mode to "ready" and the engine finally kicked on. The car never even shut off when I kept hitting the power button. That's the first weird thing. Second thing is the car was showing I somehow had 7.6 miles of EV range. The car should have had 0. I haven't charged the car in over a week and put about 300 miles on the regular tank of gas so I don't understand how it randomly had range. Once the car heated up i put it in ev mode and it let me drive until it went down to 2 miles of range then it shut ev mode off as of I ran out of ev range. Anyone else ever have this issue?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the 12v health

Pluggo likes this.
  3. nick817

nick817 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I will today after work. It dude the same thing this morning. Struggled to start and when it did it said I had 6.5 miles of ev range. I'm very confused.