1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius Two Sirius Install Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusGuy32, Feb 18, 2015.

1. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok I followed the advice of the forum, and ordered an iSimple ISTY12 module + a Sirius SVX200 tuner.

Plug everything in, press the Sirius button that magically appeared on the touch screen, and Voila!! Nothing. It says "UNAUTH CHANNEL" and "LOADING" no matter what I do. I called iSimple tech support (or tech non-support) and we reset the module, walked through everything together and still....nothing. I spent probably 6 hours trying to get it to work yesterday!! :mad:

I guess Im asking for help? Is there a trick to this? Anybody out there install Sirius into their Prius with the non-nav touch screen?

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    From back in the days (2005) when I did my XM radio installation....
    Did you install the antenna? Out side or inside
    Have you contacted Sirius to activate by serial number?

3. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :D Yeah I did all of that.

When I installed the Sirius in my 2007, it was a painless, easy installation. The 2012 Prius seems to want to give me a run for my money!! :mad:

4. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thought I'd update the thread to give all of the hundreds of people hanging on, check every minute for my response :D

I dont know if it was the original ISTY12 or the SXV200 I had received was defective, or if they both were.... but I returned the ISTY12 to Amazon and received a new one, and I then returned the SXV200 to BestBuy and got a new one. Plugged in it to the back of my radio, worked immediately (y)

Installed the Sirius antenna right up by my front defrost by the windshield as was recommended here and everything is good!! Now Im back to paying for something that is free. :LOL: