1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius V ABS Actuator -master cylinder Replaced (Issues)

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by chrome_tech, Mar 18, 2020.

1. waldox

waldox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    thank you, yes i do not have those codes, good luck for those who do to get your brake master and abs actuator replaced

2. bubumango

bubumango New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    THANK YOU.

I bought a 2012 Prius v (not sure what type but think just baseline model) and on the way home these lights came on. I was despondent! The seller offered to fix it but I did not want to drive halfway back across the state to do so if I did not have to.

I checked these forums for the symptoms and found this post. You gave me hope! The first dealer I took it to said my vehicle did not qualify for this CSP since he did not see the CSP Primary Coverage & it is at 180k miles, and would not test it w/o 150$ diagnostic fee. I took it to Pep Boys since my ODBII I used with my old Subaru would not read it and saw C1391.

I called another & took my car to the dealer and had them check for this and am now getting a full replacement under this CSP at Desert Toyota in Tucson AZ, the guys there have been great and their service mechanic Matt has a lot of experience with this CSP.

Thank you so so so much for posting this here. You're a lifesaver when I was honestly heartbroken about buying a lemon. I am hoping once it is fixed my new-to-me Prius will serve me well! I love it so much otherwise and can't wait to 'make it mine' and get several years or more of enjoyment!

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Glad it helped. You will find that all dealers are not the same and they don't necessarily know anymore than civilians if they have not seen the problem before or have not kept up to date on Toyota programs. Hopefully its low miles but be careful about paying full retail if something else goes wrong as there are usually options.