1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 Prius V all kind of wrong

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stephen Naylor, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ok, request the moderators change the thread title, and sticky it.

New title

What happens when you don’t know what you’re doing concerning the traction battery.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Do you mean it's not working at all, or it won't go up with a single push-and-release? If the latter, that could be a consequence of the 12 volt battery swap: if they didn't use a memory saver, you may to have re-teach the window. The way to do that:

Roll the problem window down, then all the way up, holding the switch the whole time. Then continue to hold the switch for an additional 2~3 seconds.

Then test: roll the window down then see if it'll roll right up with a single push-and-release.

#42 Mendel Leisk, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Prodigyplace likes this.
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think somebody got up on the wrong side of the Prius today while camping. ;)

Air_Boss and Stephen Naylor like this.
  4. Stephen Naylor

Stephen Naylor New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Thanks again everyone. I fixed the window per the instructions RJParker sent me. I tell you what though, if you ever want to srive yourself mad, try changing a fuse from under the dashboard without bruising yourself and getting severe kneck cramp.
    Either way, everything is good and it was something really simple, as usual.

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey keep the thread.
    It's kind of nice and refreshing (Even though it was a headache for the OP), but it's nice and refreshing to have a thread that has such a solid definition of a problem, and such a linear path to good resolution.
    This is exactly the type of thread that could help others that find themselves suffering from the same symptoms.